8.09.2010

hOw FiTTiNg: KaNgA sTyLe

When in Australia, do as the French! Unknowingly, a year ago I stumbled upon Remi Gaillard (a man that proves some French people have a sense of humor) on Youtube when I was looking for a pacman clip. Now, I didn't find what I was looking for, but I found a whooole lot of goodness! One of my favorites was a clip where He's dressed as a kangaroo and hops around stuffing everything he can in his pouch; all the while hopping, hopping, hopping.

There is one scene towards the beginning where he splashes in a bunch of water, drenching this poor lady on a street corner. When I first saw it, I was shocked. I couldn't believe he'd do that to someone... but it was still hilarious (see clip below.)



Well, my last night in Australia it all came back to me. Naomi, Rob and I had spent the day in the mountains near the Gold Coast, had some amazing fish and chips for dinner then decided to go to the beach and play (and star gaze). As we were goofing around, I just started hopping around like a Kangaroo, or more accurately Remi's kangaroo. They both thought I was crazy until I explained myself (I think they still did, until they saw the video). I'm not sure what it is, but there's something so liberating and fun about hoping on the beach acting like a kangaroo in Australia and (since you look like an idiot) making your friends laugh in the process. {sigh} perfect way to end a vacation. C'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui.



Rob and Naye tried to do it, but they weren't very successful...


No comments: