We all have them, it's okay to admit. In fact, after a weekend of lively discussion that is exactly how I ended my weekend, admitting them to a group of people--some of which I'd never met before! I had just arrived home from discussion night at Hogwarts eeer... my friends dorm Manor House in the district to find a few late night visitors at my house. I plunk down on a chair and begin chatting away.The conversation was on the topic of recent boyfriends (sorry guys) and what eventually did the relationship in. Of course, I have a blanket belief that there is no need to trash talk your once significant other. Just because he wasn't Mr. Right for you, doesn't mean he's the spawn of the devil and you were somehow under his trance (now free, hallelujah, praise the Lord). It just means he wasn't Mr. Right for YOU. Big difference. Inevitably the conversation turned to, you guessed it, the deal breakers. Just as you can't name the Book of Mormon as your favorite book (come on), we nixed the mention of the following qualities:
1) He's straight (if they don't know...that's a problem)
2) Not into porn
3) Has a solid testimony
Making those three factors a given, we went around the room naming our top deal breakers. After all, they are different for everyone. Mine first you say?
1) Loves video games. I understand guys have this love for gaming. But sorry, if x-box or game boy is a large (or mediocre) part of your recreational vocabulary, chances are you'll be hearing the "game over" song.
Others mentioned are:
1) Stubborn
2) Sarcastic (* I had to argue classifying dry humor as different and thus okay :))
3) Shorter
4) Manners
5) Lack of Ambition
My question is, I think lack of ambition is also a blanket response. I mean, no one WANTS a slacker, but maybe we're all slackers in different regards?... How do you quantify "lack of ambition"? What are/were your deal breakers for a relationship?
p.s. you really should watch the "game over" video. When i found it, i was crying I was laughing so hard!
5 comments:
lady fingers. if a man's hands are more feminine than my own, it will never work. i will never get over it.
Travelling- they better like travelling! (I'm suprised that's not your #1!)
It's a given for me ;)
Clean. The HAVE to be clean.
I have a problem with second toes being longer than big toes. It might not have been a deal breaker, but I don't think I would ever learn to accept it. What's wrong with me?
Post a Comment