I wouldn't call today a cruisy day, but I don't feel like looking up a more accurate word.
The doctors left dad to his own devices (I've lost count on how many he's hooked up to) all of today. They had him stabilized and wanted to give him a day to just relax and heal after yesterday. Not sure how to deal with that, but okay!
As for the night/tomorrow game plan, the nurses told us that because he's tolerating a small amount of food they want to take him off the intravenous heart medicine and instead mix a crushed pill in with the food. They've also decided not to do a CT scan tomorrow and wait until Saturday because there's so little change.
Biggest issues
Swelling: it needs to go down without the fluid drainage tube.
Infection: the more tubes they put in him and the longer they're in, the greater the risk of infection. At his age and in his condition we've really started praying that the sites will stay clean and his body will stave off infection.
The doctors are having a pow-wow tomorrow to decide the next step in this random game plan, we'll see what they say. We know they've discussed replacing his breathing tube with a trach; my mom doesn't know how she feels about that... pray she'll have clarity of mind to know what's best!
1 comment:
OH Melinda, we'll keep praying for you mi'ja!! I'm glad that you can be there for your dad and your mom! Love you!!
Post a Comment