My friend Katie had a friend in town for a week so we naturally decided to leave and enjoy NYC instead. We bought tickets for the bus leaving at 2:30pm but ran into a few snafus. In order to make the bus on time and keep new friend (who is suffering from hiatal hernia and a bulging disc) comfortable, we drove in. I ran to the bus with as much luggage as I could take and saved us seats on the bus while Katie ran to get us food for the 4.5 hr journey and friend--hereby known as Britt-- made her way to the bus. As Katie and I ran opposite directions she asked what I wanted and I replied, "just some bread and cheese!" Perplexed over ordering such a concoction, she yelled, "but what kind?" I made it probably more perplexing by replying "surprise me!" as she descended down the escalator.
As Katie plunked down in her saved seat, she began to divvy up our food. Ice cream for Britt, a random assortment of snacks for Katie and some french bread and Brie for me. Yum! It was a huge sandwich so I offered Britt some and she hearty accepted. She loved the snack so much that the whole time in New York she'd ask to see if they had any bread and Brie. Luckily on Friday night post-show, Cafe Lalo obliged. She ate contentedly in the corner and continues to rave about the divinely-tasting bread and cheese simplicity.
I made this little flow chart to show that I really can eat bread and cheese for any meal:

No comments:
Post a Comment