10.31.2010

FoReSTs ArEnT tHe OnLy CrEePy pLaCeS

Never leave home without breadcrumbs, especially on Halloween. People in our swanky little town of Del Ray go all out for holidays. ALL OUT. Despite the fact that there is a larger population of poodles (and other canines) than children, the kind people of Del Ray have a Halloween parade (yes, full of animals) and a house decorating competition every year. Maybe the kids at heart don't want to share the role? Regardless of the reason, it's an entertaining thing to behold.

Throughout the week I had noticed a particular street that had combined forces and come up with some awesome outside decor. I had hoped to get a closer look but each night it was either too cold for a run outside or I didn't have time. Luckily that Sunday, consequently also Halloween day, we had Stake Conference. That may not mean a lot to you, but for those of us in C2 it meant a decent churching hour for once this year. To celebrate our good luck... and the holiday... we invited some people over for dinner, made amazing pumpkin pasta, soup and cookies (and some other items to balance it out), carved a pumpkin and handed out candy to the youngins' bused in to trick-or-treat. Before dinner, a couple of my friends and I decided to take advantage of the 70 degree weather and go for a walk. Even though we didn't have much time, I made them speed walk to the street I had been eying all week. It did not disappoint! We saw a Nosferatu entrance that went along with the screening of it that night, a very busty woman, loads of skeletons, headless horseman and flying bats, and even a Hansel and Gretel cottage. Luckily I got a pass, I guess my finger was skinny enough!


2 comments:

Molly said...

Hey those are some hot black hose!I want some like that ;) I'd wear them to church.

M. said...

I did wear them to church, and got many compliments. On sale at Anthropologie!