During Christmas I just had to laugh at some of the things he would do, it's better than getting frustrated right? You know, hiding remotes because he's mad we're watching something he doesn't want to; turning off all the heat each night forgetting i was upstairs; lying like a 3 year old that he didn't know where things were (but then we find him using them later.) It's a long process and he's come a fantastically long way! I could laugh because I don't deal with it daily, but I know it's taking a toll on my mom. I'm sure it's hard not being equally yoked, having your sounding board become the stumbling block of sorts. It's hard to see someone that used to be so ancy and always doing things suddenly refuse to do anything or hiding in his office because...he feels lost? Who knows how he feels! It's an interesting time, for sure.
So, here's her update:
"We met with the Neurosurgeon, Dr. Grafton, today. Bill has been given permission to return to work part-time from Feb 11-March 3rd. We will then meet again with Dr. Grafton to see how it is going. And if it is going well, he will return full time.
A brain injury takes a good 6 months to heal, for all the neurons and receptors to reconnect or find different paths back to each other. Bill will begin his 6Th month a week tomorrow and could use all the help you could give him in your fast this Sunday. Dr. Grafton believes that he is about 95 percent back according to her assessment. Please fast for the other 5 percent to be healed during this final month.
We appreciate your love, your prayers and your positive thoughts coming our way. We love each of you and appreciate your helping in this way. It many ways it seem like it has been a long journey, and in other ways, it has flown by because of the support we have been extended."
Obviously ability to work and 100 percent good health are big concerns. So, thoughts, prayers, whatever dance you do would be appreciated!
5 comments:
Thanks for the update from YOUR point of view. I have been following your mom's comments on a weekly basis. I've been encouraged with your dad's progress and impressed with your mom's dedication. We wish both your mom AND dad well in their complicated journey...!
Ben and I will be fasting and praying for dad. I can assure you I will convince him to pray-dance with me too. So there will be all kinds of positive vibes shooting your way. Thank you for the update. You and your fam are often in my thoughts. I'm happy to hear of the 95% recovery. That is truly a miracle. Love you Miss Melinda!!!
Positive thoughts coming your way Mel : )
Hey traviesa,
Glad he is doing better. We'll keep you/him in our prayers. How are you?
Hey what happend with your dad? I loved your parents! I am very glad he is doing so much better with a brain injury. My dad has parkinsons and had deep brain stimulation done two years ago and is doing way better but still has his ups and downs so I somewhat know what it's like. I love your blog and am so glad to get to catch up:)
Post a Comment