1.27.2011

LaUGh ThE CaLoRiEs oFF

It's only fitting that at a Temple Square reunion meal, I make one of the STAPLES of my mission: taco soup. Easy, healthy and absolutely delicious.

I'm amazed that (way too many years to admit) my mission keeps on giving. When I moved to D.C. there was only one sorority sister in the area and she was on the road to marriage. I.E. I never saw her. Four years later, I really think it's the hippest place to be--I might even need to file a D.C. chapter! There's Simmons (soon to be my new roommate), current roommate Slawska (shout out to the European crowd), Sargent (representing SEA), our two locals Yang and Medlock... and moi. Well there's also a few more but they didn't make it our shindig.

In my own paradoxical way, I'm a very guarded person who craves good, lasting friendships (I know, analyze that.) Knowing this about me, HF was generous enough to give me some people I could feel comfortable around because although I didn't really even serve around these ladies, our mutual experience opened me up to some valuable friendships. And while we have busy lives, we plan get togethers for awesome meals like this. A combined effort with amazing results--are you not drooling over that-- including bread pudding by pastry chef Yang. YUM.

hearty food. hearty laughter. Just the way life should be.

3 comments:

Miss Amy said...

this makes me happy!!! :)

Tanya said...

I wish I could be there with you girls :) I think you're all fabulous! Thanks for your insights into any and everything, Mel :)You are amazing.

Kari C.White said...

That looks so good..I'm glad, you guys get to play often!! Big hug and lots of kisses to y'all. Oh, we should get together in August! I'm comming to DC, way excited..let me know..xoxo