Basis for my dream job. Hiring a driver for the day in India is one of the easiest and most economical ways to get around. You higher them in four or eight hour increments for 600 or 900 rupees respectively, and within that allotted time frame they take you wherever you want to go--and wait for you as long as you want to stay. See, much more economical than say, taking a taxi from point A to point B and paying... around 600 rupee.
However, as convenient as it was to higher a driver/body guard (I LOVED our Punjabi driver, he made us feel like movie stars) it would also have been very convenient to have our personal photographer. I mean, you want to be in your pictures at these amazing places but who do you ask to take them for you? Even if you do ask someone to take one, most of the time you look at it, smile, say thanks then delete it because it looks like crap. After several episodes of photo swapping (I'll take yours if you take ours) during my Bali trip last summer and having unjust returns (I don't think it's unreasonable to want my head in the photo), my friend Naomi and I developed my future business idea: go on rich people's vacations and take photos for them. I get to see cool places and they get to be in their photos... perfect! i guess first i need to work on my photography skills and a marketing plan.
In the interim--because this market is as yet untapped--M cubed, as our Indian family dubbed us, made do with a little arm work (and a self timer or two.) See results below:


No comments:
Post a Comment