4.01.2011

FrAnKfUrT iN FiVe

If you have to endure a 5 hour layover, you might as well do it somewhere you have friends. On my return flight from India, instead of the Delhi to New Jersey to DCA route, I had to go the Delhi to Frankfurt to IAD route. I was a bit annoyed but was also secretly happy because that meant I could finally experience a snippet of Germany and enjoy it with my little Elmeress Fud (i.e. Amalia).

Despite the fact that a group of us vowed to go see Amalia and enjoy the 2006 World Cup together (still slightly gutted) some got married, others dove back into school and then there's the reality of no money. Needless to say, I hadn't seen Amalia in several years. In my five hours there I met her two little boys, spoke a bit of Spanish to her Honduran mother and wandered around enjoying the beautiful weather of downtown Frankfurt. It was slight culture shock post-India and I kept saying, "it's so clean and organized!"

We had a fantastic European breakfast, wandered in a few shops, stopped for some photos and despite jet lag (or perhaps because of it) I also managed to spend an atrocious amount of money on good Easter Candy. It was a good taster of Germany, hopefully Christmas markets will be in store this coming December during a slightly longer visit!





Just guess what this basket of goodies cost me....


1 comment:

Helen said...

I'm guessing the whole bottom layer was hazelnut kit kats? :) Plus easter decor, you easily spent $50?!