4.25.2011

HiP hOp EaSteR

Hip hoppity Easter prep with the Beibs, MJ and two sassy girls. the weekend before Easter my brother and his family came up for Spring Break in D.C. At the end of their week here, my two nieces slept over at my house on Friday night for some girly time.

Two of my roommates and I took them to Costco for pizza, then to the movie Rio, which they loved for the birds and I for FOC's Jermaine's voice cameos. We had popped a few bags of popcorn for the movie and despite eating two slices of pizza each, they managed to wolf down all the popcorn.

After the movie, we had a quick skype session via my iphone with their cousins who were in Colorado skiing at the time, then we went home, put on our PJs, rocked out to Justin Beiber and Michael Jackson--their favs--and dyed Easter eggs. Some of the eggs were just plain old, boring boiled eggs but others we decided to hollow out so they could take them home and have them for next year. They loved blowing the guts out of the egg... minus once when L was trying to hard and the egg yoke smashed all over her face... oops.

The next morning KJ slept in while L came into my bed to play (I promptly gave her my iphone to color with while I laid in bed for a little while longer.) For breakfast we made German pancakes with our bowl full of egg guts and had a yummy meal ready just in time for their mom, dad and brother to join. They wolfed down breakfast and were on their way back home sooner than I would probably wake up on a Saturday. Way too quick of a trip, if you ask me!


No comments: