4.24.2011

aMeRiCaN SiEsTa

I'm not asleep, but that doesn't mean I'm awake. Today is Easter. I love Easter. Today was also 8am church. I'm not a fan of 8am church. As I've mentioned previously, for the last year (and four months) my ward pulled the lucky short straw of 3-6pm church. It's hard coming home from church and realizing your day is gone and you have to mentally prepare yourself for another week of work. Therefore, my ward was really excited to move into the new--just for singles--building in Crystal City. There was some speculation as to how they would organize times to accommodate the three wards with minimal parking (55 spots), and it seems straws were drawn again.

This time my ward pulled the 8am straw and let me tell you, switching from 3pm to 8am can be brutal. I also had to teach Sunday School today, which made Saturday night brutal. But it's okay, I like coming home and having the whole day still ahead of me! However, on most occasions, I have a feeling this is what will happen for some percentage of Sunday afternoons.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I haven't lived with you in so long, I forgot you do that thing with your arm. How is it not NUMB!

*you're still so tan. jerk.