A man on a flight from San Fran to Paris had an entire row to himself and got the ingenious idea to time lapse photograph his journey. Not only was I absolutely jealous of his luck, but I was instantly interested because it combines my love of travel with my love of photography.
This man turned nearly 2,500 photos into a video clip showing hip cities, vast mountain ranges, sweeping plains and...the aurora borealis! Watching this clip made me realize just how much you miss by simply not looking out the window. My first thought was, "wait, If i would have stayed awake on all these overseas flights, I could have seen cool things?! Lucky pilots!"
How much of life do we miss out on because we're simply too comfortable on cruise control (didn't Elder David O. McKay say apathy was the peril of this century?) We watch a movie, put our noses in a book and force ourselves to sleep because we're so focused on numbing ourselves to the journey and just getting there. When in reality, some of the most beautiful parts of life are waiting to be seen, waiting for our participation. If we'd just bother to look out and notice them.
3 comments:
Sitting up front in the cockpit was one of my favorite parts of being in aviation. Never saw borealis! I wish! But when you're flying over solid cloud cover with a raging lightning storm going on underneath....Each cloud bursting with blinding light as each lightning bolt strikes towards earth. It's incredible. Thanks for sharing :) Important wisdom, to carpe diem. :)
Life is in the journey! Great clip!
wow...hard to enjoy any flight with a toddler, but I will try. That was awesome.
Post a Comment