5.24.2011

VivA LaS VeGAs

When sin [city] can feel oh so right. While I was in Arizona enjoying my time with friendsies, I got a call from a former DCF Simone wanting to say hello and catch up on life. Within her message she happened to mention that she was in Las Vegas visiting her brother and realized the time difference would make it difficult to connect. You better believe my little ears perked up. Vegas you say??? I texted her back and we quickly arranged for her to collect me from the airport and take me to my hotel so we could chat.

We made arrangements to meet for a couple of hours the next night before she headed back to California then I grabbed my luggage and headed into Caesar's Palace. I usually get really crappy rooms and was not expecting much. So when he said he was upgrading me I allowed myself to get somewhat excited. I made my way up to my room and my jaw dropped. Huge fluffy bed (and an extra for my clothes) a dining table, lounge couch, jacuzzi and the best part: a view of the Bellagio Fountains! Why is it that when you have a good room you have no time to enjoy it? However, I did my best. I found time to wander around the Bellagio Gardens (my second favorite thing in Las Vegas after the fountains), have Bellagio's gelato, enjoyed upscale dining at the Cosmopolitan hotel with coworkers, walk the Ceasar's Forum Shops and even managed a few hours at the pool. So while some people don't understand how a Mormon person can enjoy Las Vegas, I manage just fine--even under work circumstances.

My room view: fountain by day, fountain by night.


Bellagio Gardens: Butterfly garden, carousel, and a lot of summer mother nature

Pre-plane pool time

3 comments:

Miss Amy said...

YAY for FEET pictures!!!!! :) We will make a coffee table book someday. I disagree that LDS ppl can't enjoy Vegas. There is SO much to do there.

M. said...

if only i would have started this 10 years ago instead of two!!!! Combined = best coffee table book EVER. Let's compile in say, 5 years?

The Shepro's said...

I LOVE your life..that's right..I know everyone says love what you have and I do but I also LOVE yours...A LOT!!! When's your company sending you to Alaska?