Goodbye She-ra briefcase! For my first day of kindergarten I wore a three-quarter length pink shirt with little red roses on it. My hair was set in a braid and rolled into a side bun and I toted my blue She-ra briefcase--no nasty backpack for me! I stood at the bus stop with my neighborhood buddies Nathan, who wore a polo top and had alfalfa hair; Reed, who's abnormally large head (at the time) stuck out of a blue plaid button up; and Jason, who I honestly don't remember what he wore, I just remember he had a patch over one eye under his thick glasses. In other words, we all rocked it. Every once and awhile I think of this photo and laugh.Now, here I am back in school. However on this go around, I'm a poor college student so didn't really go shopping for a new outfit nor did my mom go for me. Despite that hiccup, I did manage to whip up a nice "new" outfit for my first-ish day of school. I pooled together my red Nine West ballet flats, my black shorts (they'd been sitting in a pile since last summer waiting to be ironed), my NYC-purchased Zara belt and combined it with the new Anthro top I purchased for $30 (thanks KY!). Then I topped it off with a new coat of nail polish and a pair of earrings MK bought me in Boston. The earnings are made from actual flower petals that have been dried and dipped in resin; love them! Alas, no briefcase this go around. But all in all, I think I used my resources wisely. Now if only nice outfits had anything to do with understanding microeconomics....
2 comments:
I love Zara, wish we had a store in New Zealand : )
I was pretty giddy when the popped up in dc and NYC! Anthro, bcbg and jcrew, my life is set... (minus if you're ever in az go to Last Chance)
Post a Comment