Go ahead, fill in the blank. I think the busier I get in life, the more I think about the aspect of time. How do I fill it up? How do I determine my priorities? What do I say yes or no to? Is there a way to do everything everybody wants me to? Is there a way for me to do everything I want to? In a land of information overload, how do I sift out what's most important?Facing problems as an adult is definitely enlightening. My personality is more the go with the flow, don't cause any problems, keep the peace. But I've realized the more I do this, the less truly peaceful I feel--even good intentioned people take advantage of you and there is no way (quite cliche) to make everyone happy.
I'm in awe of people who have a much larger helping of life than I do and managing it just fine. But guess what, that's not me. All that plate juggling people talk about, am I supposed to learn how to be a better juggler? Or should I be content that I'm only a five plate juggler as opposed to a niner and be the best damn five-plate juggler I can be? In the most pragmatic approach to life my slightly whimsical heart can give, I've learned to state the phrase, "life is too short...." and see where option x, ideal y or person z stand.
Life is too Short
- to spend it all at work.
- not spend money on things that make you happy. Money is money. Spend it wisely but USE IT.
- and too full of good people to waste it on people that aren't (to me.)
- to stress if I did all my homework.
- annoyed at incompetent people at work.
- beat myself up over whether the entire "list" is done.
- to try and make everyone happy.
- not to plan ahead.
- spend it on things of no lasting significance--Good, better, best. Continually and prayerfully set priorities.
- hold a grudge. As I said, move on with or without them, but move on.
- not tell someone you appreciate them.
- to withhold a complement (even to random strangers.)
- to spend it trying to be someone you're not. Make your own "quality check list" and work at it.
- to worry if you'll fail. Just try, see what happens!
- to spend it all at work.
- not spend money on things that make you happy. Money is money. Spend it wisely but USE IT.
- and too full of good people to waste it on people that aren't (to me.)
- to stress if I did all my homework.
- annoyed at incompetent people at work.
- beat myself up over whether the entire "list" is done.
- to try and make everyone happy.
- not to plan ahead.
- spend it on things of no lasting significance--Good, better, best. Continually and prayerfully set priorities.
- hold a grudge. As I said, move on with or without them, but move on.
- not tell someone you appreciate them.
- to withhold a complement (even to random strangers.)
- to spend it trying to be someone you're not. Make your own "quality check list" and work at it.
- to worry if you'll fail. Just try, see what happens!
1 comment:
Love this post. Love it a lot. Just what I needed to get me thinking. I will be pondering this today. Thanks!
Post a Comment