9.19.2011

WhO GiVeS a HoOt

Here at Mt. Ida, owls are kind of a big deal. Two of my roommates are in love with these wise, nocturnal birds and slowly more and more of them have made their way to our house. We have a door mat (currently being stowed away while our doormat is on its last leg), door stops, tootsie pops, ceramic decorations and more. The first adoptive squishable guy (aka stuffed animal) joined us the beginning of summer and somehow he got the name Ollie (don't ask me how). He has bold colors, sparkley plumage and some beady (literally) eyes--he's really got some good peacocking going on. When Amber left for the summer she gave him to Shannon to tend. So there he sat, by his lonesome on Shannon's bed.

That is, until a fateful day when Shannon and I were making some rounds at our local pound erm, I mean Target and we came across a pastel, wide-eyed version of Ollie. We felt bad for the little lady all on her own in the clearance bin and quickly decided to adopt her. Almost as if it was meant to be, before we had even arrived home we decided the perfect name for our little lady: Ida. I mean it's a lady's name and we LIVE on Mt. Ida, how much more perfect can you get? Ollie and Ida sittin' in a tree... k-i-s-s-i-n-g! The loving couple have been swinging from the branches all summer waiting to meet Amber, who finally got home a few weeks ago from a summer of gallivanting. Not wanting to ruffle any feathers, we cautiously but successfully transferred them back to Amber's room. One night I tucked them in with Amber and, I'm sure from lack of sleep, we all collapsed in fits of laughter. Tweeting took off on a slew of owl punny jokes. And in case you're wondering, yes, we think we're a hoot.

2 comments:

RuSty and LaLa said...

Nice set of hooters you got there!

M. said...

oooh, good one. And now I want to watch Dumb & Dumber :)