11.25.2011

wHeRe eVeRyBoDy KnOwS YoUr NaMe

Like Cheers, at home everyone knows your name; maybe just not how to spell it. Amidst work and the need to write a 15 page research paper, I hopped on a plane Wednesday afternoon and headed to Charlotte for Thanksgiving.

That evening my niece Kennedy slept over and we watched a movie, played games and had a grand ol' time. Alas, much to my chagrin, the majority of my time I was either stressed about needed to do research/write my paper or stressed out actually doing it. Boo. So, whenever I could sneak away I did.

However, on Thanksgiving morning my niece and I set the table and decorated for the days feast. She wanted to make place cards for everyone, so while I folded napkins she went at it. As her family and other guests arrived and we gathered around the table at our assigned places, my heart smiled a little as I looked at my card.

No comments: