12.19.2011

Es GuT, Ja

And if it's not, friends make it good. I have to admit, when I got to Berlin I was in need of friends. Unfortunately for me, I had to spend a night by myself. Originally I had big plans of getting up in the morning and exploring until I met up with Rob and Brett (I even gave my parents my backpack to take to the UK so I didn't have any luggage)... none of that happened. Instead, I stayed up late, slept in and laid in bed until their plane arrived.

I met them at the Novotel we'd be staying at and from the get-go they had me laughing (and when I wasn't, they were good about me crying.) So much so that I thought about changing my flight to stay an extra day! I mean, who doesn't want to stay in a trailer module hotel room? Hilarious. With two highly entertaining individuals? Done.

Along the way we learned some valuable lessons:

#1: In no country is it okay to take another man's hat

Checkpoint Charlie

#2: Always watch the pamphlets you pick up... even at the Holocaust
memorial... or you might be carrying around gay porn. {cough} Rob.


#3: In Germany, sauerkraut with bratwurst--NEVER


#4: Direct German to English translations can be awesomely ghetto
(also that east coast/west coast rivalries exist everywhere--see top photo)


#5: clean cups are optional... what's a little lipstick with cocoa?


#6: Love overcomes barriers. And maybe even concrete.



#7: Santa doesn't get very far with tin reindeer
(...sliiiiiiding back down)


#8: Ja water good. Sparkling water bad.


#9: The Twilight Zone begins in Berlin


#10: Museums are not for the conservative.
To quote Rob, "No clothes on anybody. Sickening. -Home Alone"


No comments: