12.11.2011

[FaUx] FaMiLy TiMe

Everything else is going back to the 80s so why can't we? When I was younger my family and I would always watch the Disney Sunday Night movie... I loved it. But as with TGIF (the original line up) it eventually went the way of the world.

[moment of silence]

Well, awhile back my roommate and I got the urge one Sunday to watch a Disney movie. Then a few weeks later we decided to do it again and invite a friend or two. I really don't remember how it picked up momentum but soon it became a regular occurrence that included a growing audience. Sunday nights equaled movie + desserts + friends at the #MtIda (yes, our house now has it's own hashtag.) Everyone planned on it and were disappointed if for some reason it wasn't happening. People have also admitted to skipping out on real family functions to come... love it! It even spurred debates over which movie we would watch--who knew people were so particular about their Disney?

I have to admit, I love it. Being away from home it's a nice faux family to come home to (see photo above of Geoff, MK, Shandi, Emily, Steph, Brian, Chareese. Missing: Shannon, Amber, Isis and Aaron.) I've become great friends with people I barely knew, I've renewed my knowledge of Disney songs, I learned how to tweet and I've learned how to make some killer tea. We've had random discussions, FANTASTIC tweet quotes and we've managed to learn some great Disney life lessons along the way.

Here are some examples:
Fairs are for tourists #OliverandCo
Even English horses have bad teeth #lotsofdogs #101dalmations
The only girls who wear clear shoes these days are strippers #Cinderella #justsaying
Mowgli: I don't even know what you're talking about. #typical #datinglessons #Junglebook
Just because he's wearing a onesie doesn't mean he's not potty-trained #Peterpan
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. #Tantor #Tarzan
cheetahs never prosper #lionking
Waiting for a guy to call me "Pidge" #termofendearment #twodogs
Mind your manners #RobinHood
When the world turns it's back on you, you turn your back on the world #bamlet #Lionking
Don't have eyes bigger than your wing span #gusgusgluttony #Cinderella

other funny quotes:
"Pulling my pants" does not equal "pulling my leg" #badtranslation #MK
Accio, cuddle buddy! #disneynight
"Man, she's a bitch... literally." #Brihogan #Olivervillan
Are you saying Mothra is dryhumping Japan? #postDisney
I have to admit, the bastardization of this tea is quite good #notblacktea
If you leave early, you miss riveting discussions about factories and production #fillyouinlater
I'm not sleepy, I'm hungry... like that fat puppy in #101dalmation

No comments: