I am a super nerd that loves facts, figures, art and museums. Hello, my favorite game is Trivia Pursuit and I used to Tivo Jeopardy. However, I think because I'm surrounded by information overload 24/7, I find much more happiness being outdoors. I didn't realize how much until I went from D.C./London to Zurich. I can't explain how happy I was to be surrounded by the outdoors. Even once when we were driving in a car surrounded by "hills" (i.e. mountains to most of humanity) I just burst out with, "I'm so happy to be outdoors right now!" Thus probably looking like a lazy American who's version of being outdoors is sitting in a car, but I knew that's not what I meant... And yes, I did get some flack for it.
For the three days I was in Switzerland I became a broken record exclaiming how beautiful it was and how happy I was in my current surroundings. Kunal even accused me of being googly eyed for Switzerland when--driving into a rain storm--I declared, "even when it's raining it's so beautiful!" In my defense, it was! It was the dead of winter but the grass was green and every single house was picturesquely dotted on said "hills". Literally, in all of Switzerland I don't think you can take a bad photograph. So yes, I might be googly eyed but at least I have good taste, right? I mean look at these pictures! I need to go back ASAP and snowboard, and hike, and climb...and swim in their CLEAN lakes. And maybe {cough} eat some chocolate.

No comments:
Post a Comment