You know that policy that Switzerland is always neutral? Well, I don't buy it. Or at least I've learned that, declaring yourself Switzerland while in Switzerland has the opposite effect. Maybe like two negatives make a positive? I wouldn't put this logic past the Swiss, they are a hyper-logical/scientific culture after all.On Sunday afternoon when all of us managed to crawl out of bed, we headed to Rigi Kulm, which is located south-west of Zurich near Luzerne. As we waited for the cable car to take us up the mountain, we sat next to the lake enjoying the beautiful weather. Finally, we boarded and began our ascent up the mountain. It was so intriguing to watch as we made stops to let people off at their homes, groceries in tow, as well as in a matter of minutes go from warm skies to snow covered terrain. I admit I got a bit nervous going up, but was assured nothing fails--"it was made by Swiss". Right, okay then.
When we arrived at the top we wandered around, climbed up to the peak for a quick look (where it was so cold my inner ears were in PAIN) then... commenced the snowball fight. I think my brothers would be proud of me, I dodged most snowballs and landed (most) with accuracy. As a joke I declared myself Switzerland so I could take some photos, however they clearly did not respect the weight of those words because they continued to pelt me with snowballs.
As the sun began to set, we gave up and decided it'd be best to warm up in the lodge before heading back down. Over an apple strudel and our respective warm beverages, we watched the sunset across the mountains. That's when I decided the only thing that could beat last night's New Years Eve was the way I was spending the first day of 2012.
phase 1: waiting for the tram
Phase 3: On top of the moooountain, all covered with snow!

No comments:
Post a Comment