2.24.2012

GeTaWaY or CaNt GeT aWaY

Destination birthday getaway. I've admitted before of my reoccurring fantasy about packing a bag, just going to the airport and seeing where good weather, my pocketbook and an empty seat would take me. You're on board with that, right?

Therefore as it got closer to my birthday I dreamed about a trip to the sandy beaches and scuba diving waters of the Caribbean, or the markets of far-off Turkey, perhaps another jaunt over to Europe? However, reality set in and I bought my ticket to Las Vegas. I said to myself, who doesn't want a birthday get-away to the exciting square-mileage of Las Vegas?

Let alone one where you get to stay in an amaaaazing suite at Mandalay Bay complete with a couch softer than my bed, a jacuzzi (maybe I did watch TV while relaxing in said jacuzzi), a walk-in closet, a great view of the strip...



... nearly a week of not have to pay for any of your food (including birthday night at Mon Ami Gabi) and a birthday cake made by some fancy-pants chef at Mandalay Bay.


Sounds like a dream to many, right? Well, I did thoroughly enjoy the perks...when I had the time! Yeah, did I mention I was working 15-hour plus days? Yup, there's me in the Press Room editing, writing, editing, writing...editing aaaand writing. No real time to "get away."

No comments: