When we arrived, I ran off my plane and to the departures area (always less crowded than arrivals) and waited for my parents. They pulled up and I hopped in back with my niece Kennedy. Conscious of time, we zipped over to a nearby Panera where my brother Neil, my sis-in-law Ali and their two other kiddos, my niece and nephew, London and Canon were waiting for us.
We ordered our dinners and arranged a large table next to the fireplace to keep warm because oddly enough it was warmer in D.C. than in Charlotte! We ate our meals, chatted and even had a bit of a birthday celebration for me. After I fake blew-out candles on a sticky bun (why they had none of their usual desserts, who knows) I opened presents: a watch from the parents and a make-up bag with ca$h in it (Neil said I should use it on gambling, not save it for nail polish) and we all split cookies. Since there was no milk, we made our own cookie mustaches... and beards and smiles until it was time for me to head back to the airport and continue on my journey.
So glad I got to see them, I will definitely miss them when they move across the country! If only I could get them to come up to D.C. for ONE last sleep over beforehand... hint, hint.
No comments:
Post a Comment