2.19.2012

TwO TiMiNg


I'm a ice-free person, for the most part. It may have to do with the fact that I wear a medical i.d. (no clutter), or the fact I'm a total klutz (snag danger!), but I don't like wearing a lot of jewelry. In fact, besides earrings I have to remind myself to wear a necklace and a watch--and the watch I usually forget. So n preparation for my company's convention in Las Vegas, I made a short list of things I needed to bring with me: business cards, a water bottle, jump drives, camera and a watch. I am happy to report that I remembered most things on my list. However, when we arrived at the airport on Sunday I realized I forgot one very important item... a watch!

I gave a very loud internal groan because this was deja vu of my trip to China in October when I had to run to through two terminals to buy a watch in the Chicago airport. Really... really? I didn't know whether I should just let it go, buy a new watch (again) or call my mom and ask her to bring me one since I would be seeing her on my layover in Charlotte in a few hours. I decided that if I could find a cheap watch, I'd get it. If not, I'd figure it out. Well, we found one (above left) I liked, we bought it and the rest his history.

That is, until I met up with my parents and my brother Neil's family in Charlotte for a quick bite to eat. I routed myself via Charlotte so I could see Neil, Ali & Co. before they moved back to Utah in March; it also became a pre-birthday celebration on my behalf. When I opened my gift from my mom and dad, I just started laughing. If you haven't guessed already, it was a watch (above right). Two hours earlier I had no watch and now I had two, which actually came in handy because one of my coworkers forgot hers so I let her borrow one! ...What can I say, I always come prepared.

No comments: