However, I was determined to make the most NYC-esque weekend I could, i.e. good food, good shopping, good company. Thus follows my attempt:
Thursday
Shake Shack in NYC?
Nope, Dupont Circle (with MS visiting from Cali)
Friday

Pinkberry on Mulberry Street? Nuh-uh, Clarendon.
Hipster joint in Manhattan... or hipster Bus Boys & Poets in Sherlington w/ a few fantastic people? The latter please!
They even bought Shan and I some of our fav chocolates (milk for me, dark for her)
before we headed home to watch a movie and sip on fantastic tea.
Saturday

D. (feeling 85 percent-ish) and I went on a shopping spree a bit off 5th Ave., at REI's garage sale (where I got climbing shoes, a new yoga mat and running shorts) then met Steph for lunch at Cafe Rio, stopped off at Target for much needed Easter candy, which also happened to be next door to Pet Smart where we could LOVE dogs like this little St. Bernard. We then piled in my car (complete with iphone Kareoke) and went thrifting at Unique (encounter creepy dresser and old school hair dryer). Then D went home to sleep and Steph and I meandered in Old Town searching for my coveted Easter dress at Anthro (found below!) and even found three new colors of OPI. We then parted ways and I left for a quick dinner at Freshii (yuck) and a movie at E Street Cinema with Shan et al.
Sunday
Lunch at Central Park. Meh, how about the Botanical Gardens after a morning of baking?
Then finally home and (post burned-out power nap) feasted with a few friends.
The only problem with a 50/50 NYC weekend is, same amount of eating but half the walking. Uh, oh.
Sugar Detox commence.
3 comments:
you made them! How did they turn out? Also, glad you agreed to go. Hope it wasn't too horrible. You love that theater at least, right? miss you!
easter candy and cupcakes? Yes please.
they turned out well! I was annoyed our timer wasn't working so they were in the oven a bit longer than I wanted, but everyone loved them.
Movie was good, very British humor!
Post a Comment