Last night I was playing a game with friends and a turn came where I had to act out a person without saying events or locations. Yikes. Then I flipped over the card and just grinned. Why? I had drawn Winston Churchill.Now, pre-blog friends know I love this man. They've given me his quote book, a special collections book on his life, various cards and I've even been the commute recipient of a well timed billboard. I think we would have gotten along splendidly. He's cheeky, bold and a straight talker who, through his quotes, seems to know say exactly what I need to hear -- current life included.
Several years ago a good friend of mine sent me this quotable card as encouragement from an episode of Me 0: Life 3. I had the card out for awhile but as I moved it was shuffled around and I'm pretty sure it's in a box somewhere at my parents. So last night when I drew Mr. Churchill's name (and this card was the first thing that came to mind) I felt like fate was trying to knock on my door and say, "Remember this? Yeah, same applies."
And here I am, still going. Am I at work on a gorgeous Saturday to do research for a 20 page paper due in a week, yup. Do I constantly have to slap myself to move forward--yup; but I am! Was it stressful flying a total of 48 hrs in a week to go retrieve my dad from the hospital half way around the world? Yup, but I did it. Is it exhausting trying to catch up in school and work at the same time, yeah... but I haven't cried in at least two weeks; bravo me! Was I stressed trying to decide to stay in my current masters program under a shortened timeline, sure; but I decided and it's done. Is it somewhat isolating to move to a new church, yeah.... but I'll get there eventually, just like I say to myself I will with finding a new job, working on relationships, find time to write new goals (ha!) , be creative (I snuck these few minutes for procrastination's sake) and be the normal human being I know people enjoy.
The end is coming, I can feel it! I mean maybe that's just spring talking but I'll say not. By May 2nd I will have done my 20 page paper, 10 page paper and finals will be over-- meaning no more school until the end of August, which means I can conquer other priorities. So excited. But until then, I have good ol' Winston to give me swift kick in my 1/2 American behind! (Did you know he was 1/2 American too? Yeah, just one of the random facts I spouted last night to win the round.)
1 comment:
This post hits home. You are so right, just gotta keep going. You've been through the wringer recently. I can't believe all that you've had to do! You've inspired me to suck it up:)It'll get better.
Post a Comment