It's all just healthy competition. I love watching the Summer Olympics, i mean I love the Olympics in general but they're is just something amazing about summer. Swimming, Track & Field, Gymnastics, soccer etc., etc. I was particularly excited this year since I worked on a magazine feature story dedicated to the games (enter in my tom boy nature.) Well, several of my British friends and I began sparring back and forth on winners, what country was better, how had the better looking players and well, who just was more damn awesome. My friend KM and I had a lot of these back and forths... so much that I actually pulled out my journalistic nature and did some research. This is the email exchange outcome:I was curious so I looked up stats from the last few years. Going off the last 3 Olympics, the U.S. wins far more medals per athletes sent than the UK. Who cares about population base to pull from, based on percentages below the delegates you send aren't so great! :) We'll wait until the end to see how you all do this year... I'll give you a 15%, home court advantage and all.YEAR CHINA USA UK2008 100 (639) 15.65% 110 (596) 18.46% 47 (547) 8.60%2004 63 (384) 16.40% 102 (613) 16.64% 30 (264) 11.36%2000 58 (271) 21.40% 94 (586) 16.04% 28 (310) 9.03%medals won (delegates sent) percentage of medals
I can safely add the following:
2012 88 (380) 23.18% 104 (530) 19.62% 65 (542) 11.99%
No comments:
Post a Comment