Us on a warm day at the Kennedy Center. Smiles (before) grumpsters (after)[/caption]I mark it a tragedy when someone's first ballet is an epic fail. MK knows I love the ballet and bought us two tickets to see Giselle ad the Kennedy Center. I was excited that I got to introduce him to something I find so amazing. I figured it'd be an easy like for him since he is a huge fan of So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD)... but alas, not so much. We went, we were excited and dressed up and wandered taking photos ahead of time. Then half way through the first part, he was in total snoozeville. I felt terrible and told him we could leave during intermission, but he decided to stick it out. To be honest, it wasn't the best ballet i've been to (-1 for the Kennedy Center) but I at least appreciated it.
Now, if we ever talk about the ballet and the fact I want to see Don Quixote and Swan Lake, he says, "I'm glad you have friends that appreciate it and will go with you." Okay, I can take a non-subtle hint!
No comments:
Post a Comment