
Smeather and Adam's new adventure. A few months after I moved to D.C., Heather (my friend since freshman year through thick and thin) moved to D.C. We REALLY wanted to live together but her job was in Baltimore, mine was in NoVa and there was no way we could figure out how to work it. When we tried, it just didn't feel like that's where one of us was supposed to be, so we committed to breaking the Virginia/Maryland divide and hanging out as much as possible. And I have to say, we did a pretty good job of it (for awhile). She met loads of my friends, I met loads of hers and we all had a smashing together.
It was wonderful having someone who knew me so well so close. We flew to Costa Rica together, we went to the temple together, we went to upstate NY together for pageant. We went thrift shopping, to foreign films, on hayrides and just spent time chatting. She's the bestest, so I was very sad when I found out she was moving. Well, sad but happy. She was now a married woman (to a wonderful man), had bought a house and was going on her next adventure.
Before she moved we met for lunch one last time so I could give her a baby gift and give her one last hug and say "see you soon." So, while i miss her dearly, it gives me a new place to make sure I visit, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment