11.29.2013

Give Thanks You're Not in Hunger [Games]

IMG_5695This Thanksgiving was more mellow than I've experienced in recent years, mostly because I wasn't traveling anywhere and sadly no one was traveling to me. However that did not mean that Shannon and I would not celebrate in style. We made the most of our apartment space and, again with the help of M's car, we borrowed two tables from the chapel and created a large banquet table for our group of 12.

It's always exciting to prep and decorate so we were both up quite late rearranging the furniture, cleaning and planning. We (Shannon) pressed the linens, we set the table and made and I made the pies so they wouldn't take up the oven space on game-day. The next morning we woke-up and out of necessity walked to Harris Teeter for a few last-minute grocery items and a rolling-pin (rolls!) It was a beautiful, crisp autumn day to be out and about. Around 2pm everyone began trickling with their goods and the feast began! We played games, chatted, took photos (of course) and were enjoying the laziness of the day until we realized it was time for The Hunger Games! We piled in our cars and rushed to the Courthouse Theater where we'd purchased our fancy, advanced tickets and chosen the perfect recliner seats to enjoy the film. We took up an entire row and were even joined by Sara and Fred Michael G'Nuessen, then afterward everyone came back for pie.

As the evening trickled on people left to digest all their food and Shannon, M and I enjoyed the calm as the holiday season descended upon us. At midnight M left since he had to work the next day and even though Shannon did as well, we went to Target anyway! We were a bit disappointed in the findings but managed to get some new PJs, a few movies and some random things you have to get when they're at Black Friday prices!  I slept in and waited until M got off of work at 1pm ... so that we could play!

Here comes the holidays. <3

[gallery type="slideshow" ids="5708,5709,5710,5711,5712,5714,5715,5717,5718"]

No comments: