2.10.2008

WhAt My ReSuMe ShOuLd SaY:

So, yet another job comes along and under the similar vein as my friend Craig... I began thinking of all the jobs I've had in my life and what I REALLY did, not just what I put down on some fancy schmacy resume. I am sure this list is not all inclusive but hey, you get the idea of the many *cough* skills I've developed over the years to make me the wonderful person I am today! :)

Popcicle & Candy seller
South Jordan, UT: my first entrepreneurial experience. I bought candy and otter pops, pushed them around the neighborhood in a wagon and people bought them...and my brothers and I ate them. (hey, I was like 9)
Car Washer Hamilton, Va: When I needed cash!
Babysitting R'Us Hamilton, VA; Webster, NY: what girl hasn't?! we lived in a nice neighborhood so I got paid bank. Think about it guys have to mow lawns. GIRLS on the other hand get to play games, build huts, make cookies, watch movies and we get PAID for it.
Tops Market Webster, NY: grocery store bagger extraordinaire!
Diamond Delights Webster, NY: dish washer, cake maker, cannoli filler, friendly neighborhood cashier
Taco Bell Wilk on BYU Campus, Provo, UT: basically discovered the reasons you should not eat there-evening shift.
Carmax Sterling, VA: phone answerer (no, not a real word) in that "I hate my job but i'm happy" voice I did make up for that fact by taking a new luxury car home for lunch every day, and meeting a hot Spaniard!
Cosmos Heleman Halls, Provo, UT: flipped burgers- hey, I needed money for Italy.
Bank of America Leesburg, VA: evening teller
Pacific Sunwear Leesburg, VA: wore cool clothes while dealing w/ skater teenagers
Visual Arts Department Provo, UT: scheduled "nude" models (it was byu..so in swimming suits), did my homework, talked to my boss and made lots of friends. My new boss fired me b/c I knew more than her and I was "too friendly"- yes that is what she said. All the staff were pissed..they hated her. whatevs, it got me on a mission!
Marriot School of Business Provo, UT: don't remember it only lasted a few weeks. :)
some telemarketing survey place Provo, UT: tried to get people to take lame surveys- they went out of business.
Nordstrom Rack Sterling, VA: stocked shelves, cashier- basically bought mission clothes/shoes
Model for a day Salt Lake City, UT: acted like I loved Lion House Pantry food- then they paid me in lunch vouchers
Carmax Sterling, VA: car sales...woman?
Churchill Transport Charlotte, NC: broker to accounting back to broker over a period of 2 years.
School of Technology Provo, UT: sorted mail, typed exams, did my homework, talked to Michelle Scullin & Drew Strong ..and this random Indian guy who kept asking me out.
CCT Coordinator Arlington, VA: scheduled exams, graded tests, accounting and played with my fellow mormon coworker (s). oh, and discovered gchat!
CCT Manager Arlington, VA: in my anal retentive organizational streak I just continued to "clean up" and promote the educational program... but without the tedious admin work and got paid more. :)
Editor Arlington, VA: um... when I figure that out, I'll let you know.
So there we are then. I hope the next 10+ years of my life will have more err... exciting things than this past 10 years! Oh, and if there is a job opening somewhere please ask for my "REAL" resume ;)

**Oh, and I suppose I could add "blog expert" (or not) to my current resume. I've joined in my friend Debbie's Challenge:
TO PHOTOGRAPH SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY FOR 1 YEAR

You can check out the rules here HERE. If you feel inspired to do it as well- work on those creative juices, find the bits of random joy in life- let me know, it would be fun to see what you discover! :)
so for the nonchalant unveiling of Blog Deux Click
--> Moi II <--

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I laughed out loud when I read the taco bell bit. I forgot about that. Hahah, how I loved Freshman year.

Heather Sanders said...

You should have married that Indian boy who kept asking you out. Then you could have something cool like dubbawalla on your resume. And, besides, you like Indian boys.

M. said...

Heath, a wha??? I still laugh at the foreign film night. In a matter of minutes Casey, Aubree AND you commented on my like of Middle Eastern men. I just need to start hanging out at that Kabob Place more often you think?!