1.30.2009

ShOuLd HaVe StAyEd In BeD

When I woke up this morning, even before I got in my car I knew it wasn't going to be a good day. I already had my gchat status in place: Morning 2: Melinda 0.

Why? Well, when I woke-up I discovered my occassional guest (haven't seen since OCTOBER!) had appeared--who made it difficult to get ready in a short amount of time (my usual way of doing things). Then as I was walking out the front of our house (late, which REALLY annoys me), I slipped on a LARGE SHEET OF ICE and... pavement, meet bad wrist. Pleasure was all yours.

Well, at about 9:30 our CEO did a odd thing, I had a bad feeling as it was something similar to what he had done a few months ago. He called a staff meeting, but was individually rounding us up instead of announcing to the office. Uh-oh. Yup, not just one, but four people were laid-off at my office today (out of 18). This time... some of my close friends, mentors and the most experienced people we have in the office. I expected one or two of them... but all??? I'm sure there are more to come so, job hunting I go.

Later, my friends knowing I was pretty bumbed/numb today decided we (I) needed some pinkberry frozen yogurt. So, we trek into Georgetown only to discover that we were at opposite metro stops. One friend and I in Rosslyn walking in, the other at Foggy Bottom- Doh!

To top off the evening, I had told my friend to park in my building and it would be no problem getting her car out in the end. Do you think it was that simple? No, no it was not. Overzealous guard, thank you for topping off my no good, very bad day.

My glass can be half full: One hurrah or the evening, well I'll give you two. I found a "perfect me" travel calendar on sale at the Paper Source... (early birthday present :)) which I promptly bought. I also lost but then FOUND my glove in the metro. Yeah!

3 comments:

Charlotte Rose said...

One of those days aye Mel, pinkberry frozen yogurt sounds soooo good right now, im sweating up a storm - its soo hot. Good luck with sticking with your job or finding a new one, gosh life aye.

Jecca Lee Ivie Johnson said...

Little buddy, go to bed and tomorrow will be better.

Erin said...

Oh, I have been one with the ice too many a times. So, sorry. Hope your wrist is feeling better and that you are having a better week. I think it was something in the DC air because I had a winner of a week as well. Details to come later!