4.18.2009

It'S aN eAsTeR mIrAcLe!


(first row: hiding and dining; Second: scavenging; Third: Enjoying)
When my plans to go home for the Easter holiday fell through I was a little bummed. I quickly determined to make the most of my favoritest (not a word, I know) holiday. Because I 1) LOVE Easter and 2) was missing out on my family Easter I decided misery loves company, right? I combined efforts with a friend to have a nice "intimate" dinner with friends and and Easter egg hunt. However, one evite later...20 people had RSVP'd. Uhmm....oops. Luckily I had insisted that no one come empty handed and everyone happily obliged.
Ham- check
Green bean casserole-check
Rolls- check
Potatoes -check
Salads-check
Fruit - Check
Gravy - check
Easter Eggs- Check, check and check.

After church on Sunday I dragged all the tables and chairs I could find in our house and lined them up for a long banquet style table. I even cut flowers from our garden for some flower arrangements and used real dishes. I know, I go all out. I kept getting texts from people that were planning on coming even though they hadn't RSVP'd so, I would squish in a few more plates. I still don't know HOW it was possible, but I created 26 place settings out of our dining table, a card table, our laundry table and a craft table. Miracles never cease.

The second miracle came about after a little bit of nostalgia...and hunger. At this point I don't think I can adequately explain my thought process but it jumped to the fact that at this current time I am being mocked for reverting to my missionary mode eating style. I.E. I'm saving up for my trip to Europe next month so eating mostly taco salads--my boss even has a countdown. Well, I was thinking of the other food that got me through my mission and how much I miss it. What you ask? A gardenburger.

Even after my mission I would get the package from Costco and live off them in rice/mushroom/onion bliss. However, soon Costco stopped selling them and I couldn't find them anywhere. Silent anxiety turned to conceding, and I forgot about them. Yet, I had a sudden craving for.....?......? I don't know the name! I used to just point and order, even Costco's didn't have a brand. What was I to do??? After a creative internet search I found a store near my work that carried a gardenburger that looked like the kind I used to eat. I am happy to report... the original gardenburger is back in my life, some 5 years later.

4 comments:

The Chan Clan said...

SI can't believe you are coming into town in July and hadn't told me earlier. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!!! July I am in and out, do you need a place to stay? Obviously, I am not that angry. (o: Call me sometime, or I should call you. I am kind of hard to reach. My crazy life!

p.s. reading your blog, makes me miss you!

Erin said...

Dinner parties outside, does it get any better than that? How fun!

Wow, you found a TON of eggs! I am laughing now because when I first saw that picture I thought, "did she leave any for the kids?!" Hee, my bad!

M. said...

lol! I think I must clarify

1) yes no kiddies
2) I, being the Diabetic, volunteered to HIDE the eggs so everyone else could hunt... ;)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

seriously, way better easter than we had. we almost forgot about it this year...