Instead, I would like to make a substitute to this rhyme. Instead I think it should be some sort of bird, like the one that has currently set up shop on my front porch.
A month ago my roommates and I noticed the beginnings of a nest in a far corner of our front porch, which my roommates promptly relocated...to the trash. I personally didn't (and don't) have a problem with the nest but I let them be in charge. Lulled into a false sense of security, they thought bird nest muck had been averted--Phew! Yet a few days later there were the beginnings of another nest a column over from the previous nest. Again, it was taken down. Soon, the bird began constructing directly over our door in one of four windowpanes. Guess what happened next? It was taken down! A battle soon ensued between my roommates and this tenacious bird, windowpane after windowpane. Nest up, nest taken down (and replaced with object to hinder replacement.) I will admit I found this process quite humorous.
I went on vacation and upon my return noticed that the sneaky little bird had taken advantage of my roommates departure to the beach. In a sense I think it was a sort of "stick it to the man" move. Where you ask? On our wreath!
Bird 1: Roommates 0.
8 comments:
Did you know that there is a with that exact phrase "Work like a beaver; be an achiever." My mother in law gave us a whole CD-Songbook full of songs like that for Christmas. Apparently my husband grew up singing them. They drive me NUTS. Exactly the type that sticks in your head forever...in fact its stuck in my head now. awesome
That is so cute! What a beautiful little nest!! I can't believe your roommates kept taking it down :( p.s. I've never heard that rhyme, but I have heard busy as a beaver. I think your suggestion to use bird has more proof to back it up.
sorry e-Zendejas :) It's been in my head all day too. What other songs could there possibly be??? Well, little bunny fufu.
oh, and Megan as of this morning there are 4 eggs!
for your listening enjoyment...
http://www.ldsaudio.com/shop/music.aspx?id=544&type=album
oh my gosh, oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH. I'm dying. Hilarious!! Sorry you have to listen to this a lot.. I'm trying not to get them stuck in my head. Courage,grrr, courage. lol!!
P.S. I will know whoever gives this to me when I have kids secretly hates me....
maybe the bird is not really a hard worker...just really stubburn
That is soooo rad!!!!
You have a pretty front door.
Post a Comment