A made-up song paints a thousand words. Or, maybe it's a picture... either way, I give you both! I only went away for 12 days, but it seems like a lot more when you say the 8th to the 20th of July. It was full of random Arizona mining towns, Sendona slide rocks and sunsets, shopping, Mexican food, Zion hiking/climbing/repelling, Vegas lounging and everything in between. So, My friend and I decided to make up a song to summarize most of our adventures.
The 12 Days of Vacation
Ah hem... On the 12th day of vaca, my itinerary gave to me
12 days without working,
11 large scars and bruises,
10 days of HOT, HOT weather (115F/45C),
9 hours of rock climbing,
8 hours of sleep desired,
7 repeat youtube viewings,
6 pairs of new shoes purchased,
5 friend reunions,
4 days PB&J eating,
3 states a-visited (and days without showering),
2 Cafe Rio pork salads,
aaaaand
1 themed hoootel rooooom!
and now a brief photo synopsis of our trip via AZ/UT/NV:



Arizona/Nevada: Montezuma's Castle; Slide Rock; Hoover Dam; Grand Canyon; Bisbee--themed hotel room in Bisbee; Head's house!
11 large scars and bruises,
10 days of HOT, HOT weather (115F/45C),
9 hours of rock climbing,
8 hours of sleep desired,
7 repeat youtube viewings,
6 pairs of new shoes purchased,
5 friend reunions,
4 days PB&J eating,
3 states a-visited (and days without showering),
2 Cafe Rio pork salads,
aaaaand
1 themed hoootel rooooom!
and now a brief photo synopsis of our trip via AZ/UT/NV:
Arizona/Nevada: Montezuma's Castle; Slide Rock; Hoover Dam; Grand Canyon; Bisbee--themed hotel room in Bisbee; Head's house!
Utah: Hiking Angel's Landing; The Narrows; Canyoneering
more photos (and explanations) on FB soon to follow :)
9 comments:
I love Zion... so Jealous. You got Cafe Rio and In-N-Out? I hate you.
Very fun! My husband would be drooling...no not over the cafe rio or the in-n-out. The hiking in the canyons and narrows. It's in his blood. Go take a shower, you stink
Is that second to last picture of you sitting on the edge of something! Blood pressure a rising! So good to see you! Love you!! I am glad I witnessed pretty much all of those shoe purchases. That's right, baby.
* correction Heidi... you were there for ALL of them. Outlets then blessed Last Chance ;)
Nice song. I tried to sing along, but your Michael Jackson kept throwing me off. 6 pairs of shoes? Lucky!!!
beautiful pictures!
Awesome picture! What kind of camera do you have? I want one.
um.. my SLR camera is a Canon EOS 20-D. but you can get a new version (which i might be getting since some lady DROPPED my bag with it from the overhead compartment onto the airplane floor. my <3 broke then...)
For the water pics I have the digital waterproof Olympus Stylus 1030sw. Waterproof, shockproof...for kids I'd recommend! :)
Looks like tons of fun. I love reading your blog.
marian
Post a Comment