7.24.2009

sPiLL iT...

Or I play it! One of my friends had a link on his gchat to an article about a unique use of music, and it was fascinating! According to a New York University musicologist, music is regularly used as an interrogation method in Iraq and Afghanistan "in order to induce disorientation."

Apparently they want people to crack without being accused of inflicting physical force. So, basically they play them THE most annoying music they can think of... over... and over again. A few top picks used by military personnel?

1. Born in the USA- Bruce Springsteen
2. Dirrty- Christina Agulera
3. These Boots Were Made for Walkin'- Nancy Sinatra
4. Hells Bells- AC/DC
5. I Love You- Barney
6. Barry Manilow--yeah, anything by him.

I will have to admit that just thinking of some of those songs makes me anxious. I would also add a few others that, if played more than once, would induce ear clawing and screaming at the top of my lungs...
1. anything by Nelly (rapper)
2. That stupid blanket song by Fergie
3. Barbie Girl - I have no idea, i try and block it out
4. I'm blue

but the worst? The song that would make me sing like a bird? This:
If someone was trying to interrogate me and played that song, they'd be walking a fine line. They would have to make sure there were no sharp (or dull) objects in the room for me to kill myself first!

What would make you crack?

7 comments:

Kim said...

the link doesnt work for me, something about no copyright to see it, since i am in germany...weird!
what is it?

Charlotte Rose said...

Yeah we can't see the link either as were in the wrong country so what song is it??? That is weird : )

M. said...

okay. Hopefully that works for you? ... If not, it's Kenny G. Not to be confused with Ali G... who is not a real musician...but HE makes me laugh. Much different than Kenny G. boo.

Kim said...

yeah that worked.... hadnt heard it before it is kinda lame, but whats even worse, is the video, who ever did that, needs help!

Jess said...

Awww, that was the song my husband and I danced to at our reception! It was so beautiful. Just kidding!! I agree with Kim. The song is bad but the video is worse. Shoot me before making me watch that video again!

M. said...

sorry for the vid. I tried watching but as the song makes me cringe I only got 1:23 into it... i was proud of myself for that. And I agree, vid is crap (just like the song.)

Molly said...

Don't post was to successfully interrogate yourself! What if someone wants to interrogate you!.... ;)