5.01.2010

WiNneR bY DiStRaCtiOn

If I was a child psychologist, I would park my chair at every kids soccer match. Those observations alone would probably make the best dissertation known to man! What I wouldn't give to know exactly what is going on in their over active i.e. quick-to-be-distracted brains. Some try so hard to get to the ball, but once they get it, they have no idea what to do so just stand there. Conversely, there are others that act like they're trying, but if the ball comes near them, they physically retract from it. And, despite all pleadings by coach, an evenly divided team quickly revolves into a chaotic herd.

Then, there is the gem of varying attention spans. One minute they're running for the ball, the next looking at an airplane, looking at their untied shoe, yelling for a drink of water or chatting with a teammate. In other words, I've decided very few things are more hilarious to watch than a kids soccer match. As proof, meet my four-year old nephew (the small one. Green shirt, overly large shorts--in his defense he's playing a year up on a team my brother coaches) :





3 comments:

Helen said...

oh, they are. I love it even more when they start going the wrong direction. Bless them.

M. said...

yeah... my older nephew did that in his game. So funny :)At least he didn't score on his own team.

Erin said...

That is pretty darn funny! You should catch a toddler dance class one of these days :)