Where was my last vacation? The answer's on the tip of my... fingernails. Last summer when Naomi, Amy and I were road tripping in Arizona, we stopped by the Okay Corral to give Naye a good look at the American West. The reenacted showdown must have made quite an impression on her because when she return home, she purchased a nail polish color called Shoot Out at the Okay Coral in honor of our vacation (note: yes it is coral, as in the color; OPI is fantastic at play on words.)Well it seems she started a tradition because one of the first things we did when I got to Brisbane was paint our nails to make them "beach appropriate". Since we were heading off to the Great Barrier Reef to see all that coral, I chose an appropriately coral name/color (see exhibit A). However, as soon as Naye put the color on me I detested it, I couldn't wait to get it off. Alas, I remained stoic and left it on until we got to Bali... where I promptly removed it during our first mani/pedi/30 min massage time.
The two week OZ/Indo vacation went by quickly and I soon found myself back at work, processing through post-vacation blues--which amounted to me wandering around Target on a lunch break. Almost as if my subconscious was leading me, I ended up in the nail polish section. With Naomi's Okay Coral and vacation withdrawal on my mind, I began looking at the various nail polish names within the small OPI section. When I came across Didgeridoo Your Nails (exhibit B) I got a little excited. I knew it was fate, I just had to get it. Of no connection, I also came across Nomad's Dream and thought it fitting so purchased it as well.
When I got back to my office--just out of curiosity--I looked up OPI to see if they had any other pithy colors I should be searching for in honor of places I'd been. Apparently, I'm waaaay behind. Just look at these colors!
Australia-Themed
Koala Bear-y
Red Hot Ayres Rock
Brisbane Bronze
Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It
Italian-Themed
Italian Love Affair
Pompeii Purple
Asian-Themed
Malaysia Mist
Java Mauve-a
Shanghai Shimmer
Dimsum Purple
Japanese Rose Garden
Shanghai Shimmer
Spanish-Themed
Manicurist of Seville
Can you Tapas That
Barefoot in Barcelona
No Spain, No Gain
Pink Flamenco
Other Favs
Grand Canyon Sunset
Dutch Tulips
ElePhantastic Pink
And This Little Piggy*
Koala Bear-y
Red Hot Ayres Rock
Brisbane Bronze
Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It
Italian-Themed
Italian Love Affair
Pompeii Purple
Asian-Themed
Malaysia Mist
Java Mauve-a
Shanghai Shimmer
Dimsum Purple
Japanese Rose Garden
Shanghai Shimmer
Spanish-Themed
Manicurist of Seville
Can you Tapas That
Barefoot in Barcelona
No Spain, No Gain
Pink Flamenco
Other Favs
Grand Canyon Sunset
Dutch Tulips
ElePhantastic Pink
And This Little Piggy*
Looking at all the colors also made me want to jet up to New York City, ache for the pyramids and pine for a day in Paris. Who knew one little bottle of acetate could prove to be so persuasive? At least now if I plan it right, I can look down at my nails and remember the good times!

2 comments:
I believe it was "russian navy" that Charlotte spilled all over our house! :) For some reason it doesn't make me want to travel to Russia any time soon...ha! I had no idea they were so travel oriented! OPI is the best!
My toes are currently "Koala Berry" Hot. I actually have minis of he whole Australian collection!
Post a Comment