9.09.2010

LeT tHe GaMeS BeGiN!

About as close as I'll get to football is The Blind Side and Remember the Titans. Funny that I'm now currently thrown into football considering I recently admitted that I HATE it. Sorry, I know it's very unpatriotic, but I do. It drives me nuts. It's a waste of Sundays, the games go on FOREVER, most players blow athlete cockiness off the scale and really, what part of the game requires their foot? Me, not a fan.

However, our secretary LOVES football. She had a Redskins jersey made into a seat cover, another made into a purse and I'm pretty sure she's always sporting some kind of football paraphernalia. In her gusto (for football and her new job), she wants the whole office to participate in a game. Each week during football season we're suppose to pick who we think we'll win and the scores. I'll be honest again, I don't really understand the point of the game. But, it makes her happy, it will give everyone something to talk about come Monday morning and what's the harm in a little gambling? Okay, so I'm not gambling, but I'm also not going to have anything to talk about on Monday morning! Below is the list we all had to fill out and return to the secretary.

Wondering how I chose who I thought would win? Well, my criteria was the following:

1) who has the best looking players
2) Who has a mascot of an animal I love
(the jaguars barely lost out, i had a good feeling about the colts.)
3) Which team is associated with the location of a friend

yup, pretty cut and dry. I think I'm going to win... no seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm rooting for you to win! I seriously can't get into football. I feel so lame, but literally there is zero appeal. Couldn't agree more with your analysis. A few years ago a player and his wife invited us to a Monday night NFL game in their box. That was by far the most interesting game I've been to! I realized it helps if you know the people playing, so to my son, if he's listening, I'll go to your games, I promise!