I feel like in some way, summer has it's own mortality. As I watch it slowly passing away, I am forced to contemplate my own ending. Well, the end of another year at least. At the beginning of the year, I made this post, which lists the things I'd really like to do in 2010 and a few high aspirations thrown in for good measure.
In January, I looked at this list with wide-eyed innocence. "I've got all year, of course I'll get to do it all!" By March, I was swept up in the adventure a new year brings and forgot almost entirely about it. I occasionally looked at it when I realized I could check something off the list like experiencing Bus Boys and Poets (then subsequently going back for several World Cup games and sweet potato fries), relishing Fallingwater, finally visiting the Newseum (my fav D.C. museum by far) and of course mis destinos. Yet despite these triumphs, the list remained mostly a backseat priority.
Today, list meets present day. I've got roughly four months left to do a lot of stuff, which we all know is not going to happen. Some of them simply can't happen because they're only available a few times a year--none within the next four months. So, I've taken the liberty of scaling down my aspirations into a probable reality. I've crossed off the ones that aren't going to (or shouldn't) happen and starred the ones that still have potential. It's still a mighty full list, folks! Let's see how much of this aforementioned (via heather) Bucket List I can get through before 2010 stops ticking.

1 comment:
carpe diem is right!
Post a Comment