9.11 at 4:30pm
As a family we would like to share an update with you. Bill [my dad] fell on Friday evening while on a layover in the Chicago airport. He and Deb [my mom] were on vacation and returning home to Charlotte. Before boarding he went on a short walk by himself, which is when he fell, so we are unclear as to the details surrounding the fall itself. He is currently in the ICU at the Lutheran General Hospital in Chicago. He suffered two cracks in his skull and severe bruising in the frontal cranium. So, they have him intubated and heavily sedated due to the brain injuries .
The doctors have stated he will be here for an extended period of time and currently are unable to determine what kind or how long his recovery process will be.
We would like to ask our friends and family to join us in a special fast Sunday, September 12 on his behalf. Specifically that the bleeding from his head will stop, the swelling in his brain will go down (thus causing no long term effect or need for surgery) and that the doctors will be guided how to best treat him to full recovery.
We would also like to thank you for all the prayers and outreached hands that we have already received.
With love,
The Skea Family
I'll give a special thanks to those who have texted, called and sent emails. It means a lot to have friends from around the world praying and sending their love. I'll be in Chicago until at least Thursday. {sigh} --Melinda
on a side note, a few things I've learned in the past 24 hrs...
1) You can buy a RT ticket from D.C. to Chicago using 10,000 miles. Thank you, United.
2) I don't pack efficiently when only given 10 minutes.
3) If you wait until 10pm, you can get through airport security in less than 5 minutes (should have spent more time packing).
4) There is something completely sobering about seeing someone in a much different state than you are used to.
2) I don't pack efficiently when only given 10 minutes.
3) If you wait until 10pm, you can get through airport security in less than 5 minutes (should have spent more time packing).
4) There is something completely sobering about seeing someone in a much different state than you are used to.
6 comments:
Love you Melinda! We will happily fast for your family tomorrow!
I'm thinking about you and praying for your family. Love you.
thinking and praying for you and your family. keep us updated. much love sent to you xoxo
Oh, Mel! I'm so sorry for what you are and your family are having to go through right now. We'll be praying for your family and your dad!
Melinda, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I will have your family in my thoughts and prayers. Much love to you all.
our prayers are with your sweet family at this time, i am so sorry!
Post a Comment