10.04.2010

HeY BatTeR, BaTtEr! SaWinG BaTtEr...

Baseball might not be my favorite sport to watch, but If you let me repeat lines from Ferris Bueller or find other ways to sweeten the deal, I'm there. Last week a friend of mine IMed me to see if I had any plans for Wednesday night. Considering 1) I don't feel like being around people very much these days 2) I'm trying to survive 3) I usually don't plan that far in advance anyway, I said, "Mmmh, probably nothing."

Ends up she had two free tickets to the last Nationals home game v Philly and wanted me to tag along. I was a bit baffled why she of anyone would have these tickets since she finds baseball about as boring as I do! She explained that it was cupcake night, which she is a big fan of, and it all made perfect sense.

I was pretty excited (for the cupcakes) because Georgetown Cupcakes was sponsoring a pre-game event. Now I could check one more thing off my 2010 list without having to stand in the atrociously long line! The famous cupcake makers brought in dozens of cupcakes for us to decorate our own and eat as many as we like. However, by the time we got there, gluttonous piggies had eaten all the cupcakes and horded them in boxes to take home. Yet the kind people of GTC found a box for us and we grabbed a couple to decorate--good thing too, kids snatched them up like they were $100 bills!

I grabbed one vanilla and one chocolate cupcake and set to work finding decorations to top them with (we got there a bit late, okay?) I found a bag of chocolate icing that didn't look diseased, so I topped them both as artistically as I possibly could. I then found a cup of nuts for the chocolate/chocolate and some candy sprinkles for the vanilla/chocolate. As we were walking away, I got a bit sad because I saw a cup of crushed Oreo toppings and coconut, Blast! It's okay though, I still went away half-handed (I ate one before we went to find our seats.)

After a quick decorating cameo, we went to find our seats and both gawked a little upon arrival. For two girls that don't much care for baseball, we had fantastic seats! Section 104, 10 row up. Saweet! We grabbed some burgers to balance out the sugar rush, went back to our newly toweled-off seats (it had rained all day) and sat down for some fun. I will admit, it was fun. I guess my new motto is: If you sweeten the deal with a cupcake or two, I'd go to just about anywhere! Wait, shoot... didn't we learn that was a bad thing in elementary school? doh!

* if you happen to have Knicks tickets, I'll buy YOU some cupcakes!


Katie with George Washington. I love his leg kick.


View of the field from our seats. With free tickets, free cupcakes...
the least I could do was wear the hat.

3 comments:

Miss Amy said...

HA! i LOVE this post. Cupcake night would motivate me too. Sounds awesome, Mel!

Dave said...

glutenous piggies link, awesome. You're hilarious.

RuSty and LaLa said...

I love baseball, but throw in a cupcake and i am head over heels