Through the years despite time, distance (he's now in Seattle working for Boeing and I'm in D.C.) and a marriage (his, obviously), we manage to text or somehow gently dig at the other when the opposing team is playing like crap or our own had an amazing win.
This rivalry has also transferred onto American soil when my loyalty switched to D.C. United while his ardently remained with Real Salt Lake. Well in September this particular rivalry actually brought us closer together, for a change! Drew, his wife Ali, and his best friends Scott and Nate all flew out to D.C. for a Real Salt Lake vs. D.C. United game. We spent the early afternoon at the American History Museum, wandered over to the Air & Space Museum and had a quick bite to eat before they made their way via metro to the stadium and I went to go pick up MK and my friend SJ for the game.
I think the photo above (Drew left, Scott right) says enough about who won. I was trying really hard not to rub it in... but I couldn't help it. You see, Drew and I have a healthy relationship of mocking each other. If it's funny, we'll both laugh... and it usually is. However, when we made our fourth goal I figured it was time to pull back. I mean, just look at their despondent faces! To cheer them up a bit I introduced them to Pinkberry afterward. See, win, win for me and ... a lose, win for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment