I'll be honest, Christmas was a watery blur. But overall, once in a lifetime experiences I won't forget and are a few fantastic things I mustn't fail to mention:
1. Participating in a "kill the beast!" rendition a la Beauty and the Beast. Okay, not really. On Christmas Eve we all gathered at my cousin Emma's house and from there went en mass to a town on the Thames. Apparently, this town and its arch rival across the river come together on Christmas Eve, have a huge bonfire and sing Christmas carols. And guess what, that's exactly what we did too! It was magical, minus all the wax dripping on my coat from my large torch.
2. Christmas day (after a short church service) we all gathered to open presents, which for me included a bottle of nail polish named Windsor Castle (they know me well), some EASTER (!!!!) pillow cases handmade by my mom, a new day planner, some chocolate covered orange rinds, and a tea towel map of England.
3. Copious amounts of English chocolate. Fresh, fresh English chocolate.
4. A traditional British Christmas dinner... authenticated by the fact we were in England!
5. Making friends with Emma's little kiddos. Gabby, Oscar and I got along smashingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment