12.26.2011

aFtErNoOn WiTh KiNgsLeY

I've very girl... but also very boy. When Christmas planning started, it was determined that the girls would have a girls-only spa day. However, I was going to be in Berlin (slightly bummed!) In turn, the boys would have a boys-only day going to a footie game.

Well, considering this post, what part of a British game would I not want to go to?! Exactly. Plus not being there for the girl's day out, I had extra reason to be allowed to be one of the boys for the day. Luckily, they all eventually agreed. I was so excited!

So it was that on Boxing Day I went with the boys to the Reading v Brighton & Hove Albion game. Sure, sure, not Arsenal or a Man U game but considering the transportation strike that cancelled both those games, we were really lucky! We had great seats and Reading even won. I even got to sample some footie food (much cheaper than a baseball or basketball game I may add!) For a five pound note I got my dad and I a pasty (curried chicken that happily tasted like a samosa), a drink and some crisps. Wha?! In the U.S. a drink alone would cost $5.

We all enjoyed the game, were amusingly puzzled by Kingsley Royal's antics (and of course the ruffian heckler that could do nothing but yell complaints the whole game) and thanks to getting Emma's work parking pass (located across from the stadium) we even made it home for the men to enjoy Match of the Day. Phew.

No comments: