12.23.2011

A bUtCheR... a BaKeR

Unclear if Sweeney Todd was also candlestick maker. On Friday my parents and I went into Reading to do some last minute Christmas shopping and explore (weather permitting.)

We wandered around the mall, where I perused Zara--and miraculously only bought a bottle of perfume--acquired a disposable phone, and found the most amazing children's book I've seen in ages. We also wandered around Marks & Spencers where we purchased some Penny Pigs, Rosy Noses and Percy & Friends to try (side note: so sorry to those I said I would buy some for, I didn't get to go back...went to Switzerland instead!)

We then went to my dad's favorite pie shop, Sweeney & Todd, for another Cornish pasty. I'm somewhat of a purist so when I saw pie options like:

1. Steak and Oyster
2. Steak and Kidney
3. Venison and Boar
4. Chicken with Leek
5. Five nations (wha?!)
6. Vicars (double wha?!)
7. Pork and Apple

I was a bit overwhelmed. I played it safe and asked what the most popular pies were and settled on the rump steak and stilton. I'll be honest, the stilton was too much for me so I switched with my mom for the chicken and broccoli.


love the British side salad...

However, there were others like:

1. Lamb and Mint
2. Chicken and Sweetcorn
3. Chicken, Honey and Mustard
4. Cheese and Vegetable
5. Chicken Cajun

that in hindsight I really wish I could try. Ah well; next time, right?

1 comment:

Miss Amy said...

I could never be British. Steak and oyster? Steak and kidney? omg. Pie should be pizza pie or apple pie! ;)