I took a page from the Caitlin F. handbook to get me past ACMA. When my dearest coworker Caitlin left ACMA in March, she took off an extra week before starting her new job and went to Puerto Rico, and she said it was one of the best things she's ever done. I knew that when if I got offered this job I'd be doing the SAME thing. Thus, while i really did want to give 2 weeks notice, I cared more about my sanity. Thus, after one day shy of two weeks, MK and I boarded a plane to San Juan, Puerto Rico!I was so excited, my friend AM's family was from there and she and her husband had gone there over the 4th of July and just couldn't stop talking about how amazing it is. When we arrived, we made our way to our rental car and somehow made it to downtown PR. To clarify, we weren't trying to get there, we were trying to go to our hotel, ha! There are no signs and although part of the U.S. we discovered our cell service was really, really... really crap, making GPS worthless. But not to be managed by lists, we parked our car and wandered around Old San Juan.
I tasted mofongo at a restaurant (disgusting), saw tropical birds, walked through a fort and even got some frozen yogurt! When it started getting dark, we decided it was time to head to the hotel, which is when we got lost, and more lost, then lost again (I admit i totally lost my cool) and then super lost. When we finally made it to the Hilton, we were pooped. We just laid on the bed for awhile until our stomach's were clearly upset with that decision. We wandered to a restaurant nearby, tried more "authentic food" and just called it a night--after all, we had a busy schedule ahead, which included the top reasons Puerto Rico is our new favorite getaway:
1. its warm, all the time
2. Everyone is really laid back
3. You get to practice your Spanish
4. The best sushi EVER
5. El Yunque National Park
6. Any beach is a good beach (not to mention the beautiful blue water)
7. Bio luminescence
8. forts AND castles
9. cutest tropical birds everywhere
10. Direct 3.5 hour flight. DONE.
Foodie P.S.
[gallery type="square" ids="4692,4693,4694,4695"]
No comments:
Post a Comment